Thursday, November 24, 2011

To die for...literally

I wouldn't exactly call myself a foodie, nor do I spend big money on the stuff, but when on holidays, everyone is allowed to splurge...right? Not my credit card though. 
'R' took me to Clooneys. An abandoned warehouse in a hidden corner of Auckland. With factories lining the streets, I was wondering where we were going - that was, until I walked through the door. WOW. The food was one thing, but the decor was from another world. Dark, intimate and sophisticated, the minute I saw black fringing separating the tables, I knew I was in my element (please note: photos do not do this place justice). 
For food, I had baby quail covered in almond, apple and cinnamonm, and for the main, I choose Hawkes Bay natural lamb with swede, white miso, soya bean, black garlic & puffed faro. Mmmm. Our sides consisted of long stem broccoli, zucchini, black sesame salt and shoestring fries, truffle oil & parmesan. Oh, and I forgot to mention the bread plate with burnt lavender butter to start.
If I was religious and had to choose a last supper, it would be this place. Don't miss it if you have a AKL stopover or holiday booked. 








No comments:

Post a Comment